Thursday, March 03, 2005

Programming Dreams

I wish I could program my dreams.
Like I choose my desktop wallpaper. Like I match my shirt with my pants.

When I go to sleep, I hope I don't dream about work, but often I do. I hope I dream about fantastic things, but I rarely do.
The way I program my life is far from perfect. There are too many infinite loops and unreachable statements. I tell myself that life cannot be perfect. that perfection can be found only in dreams.

But even my dreams are too ordinary these days. Some days, I even forget what I dreamt about and just remember that I had a boring dream. Dreams used to be more creative in my childhood.

Are dreams just hazy reflections of life ?
Does a boring dream only reflect the monotony of life ?

It seems to me that wakefulness is a myth. and that we are always dreaming - either lying eyes closed on bed or while doing other activities.

I wish I could program my dreams.

No comments: