Friday, December 31, 2010

A R Rahman and Sonu Nigam

When I was in College, I listened to Sonu Nigam for the first time. To his early album - Deewana. I was instantly dissolved by the joy of his singing. There was no doubt in my mind that he was going to rule the world of Indian playback singing. He did soon afterwards.

Being a great A R Rahman fan from my high school days, I got this thought. "How will it feel if Sonu sings to A R Rahman's tunes ?". I was overwhelmed by thinking about this possibility.

Later, the two combined to create many awesome songs like "Sat Rangee Re" in the movie "Dil Se".

Somehow they were not like the song that I had imagined. Years later, a song was born in the movie "Jhoota Hi Sahi" where my dream was fulfilled. The song "Do Nishaniyaan(Shorter Version)" magically created the same feelings in me when I imagined this a decade back.

Surreal. Magical. These moments make life worth living. Catch a glimpse. And download it if you wish.

No comments: